Cozy sweaters, crispy air, intoxicating scents: there are many reasons to get excited about Fall. But this evocative season also brings with it: dry hands, chapped lips and changing skin!
As the days change, the drastic drop in temperature can make your skin dry, itchy and tight. Furthermore, dehydrated skin is more prone to seasonal breakouts. This is why it is essential to change up your beauty routine according to the season.
Here are 10 tips for taking care of your skin during the Fall season.
- Use a richer moisturizer. To keep your skin balanced during the colder months, replace your lighter, summer-friendly moisturizer with a richer option. If you are prone to breakouts, look for products where, on the label, it is indicated as non-comedogenic. Also, replace your eye serum to provide deeper hydration and protect this very delicate skin area from environmental stressors.
- Exfoliate, but correctly. It is not necessary to use exfoliating products every day, especially if you have sensitive skin. A good scrub once or twice a week is enough. Excellent products that contain delicate manual exfoliants such as sugar, oatmeal or small granules.
- Do not abandon sunscreen. It is important to continue wearing sunscreen even during the Fall season. The skin needs protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays all year round, even during cloudy and rainy days. For your Fall beauty routine, choose a sunscreen that contains moisturizers (vitamin E and hyaluronic acid) and has an SPF 30 or higher.
- Mask. As the weather starts to get colder, it's a good idea to start using moisturizing masks more frequently. Look for masks that contain moisturizing ingredients like ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Body cream or lotion, every day. It is always important to provide hydration to the skin especially during the Autumn and Winter months. To prep your skin, use a body lotion that contains ingredients that help attract and maintain proper hydration.
- Don't forget to protect your hands. Make sure you wash your hands often and always moisturize them with a good cream after each wash.
- Give your skin a Vitamin C boost. Adding Vitamin C-based skin care products to your fall beauty routine can help soothe and repair the dermis. Being a powerful antioxidant, it also helps improve tone, stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Take care of your lips. Incorporating a nourishing lip balm into your Fall beauty regimen is like training for a marathon, just for your lips. If you wait too long to start prep, you may find yourself having very chapped lips in the winter. In addition to using a rich lip balm, we also suggest using a moisturizing lip mask overnight to soften.
- Load up on skin-friendly foods. Fall is the best time of year to indulge in great skin care foods. From pomegranate, to squash, each of these seasonal foods are packed with antioxidants that are great for the skin.
- Humidifies the environment, in a Green way. Heating systems can make the air in our homes even drier. If you want to humidify your home in a natural way, you can place ornamental plants in strategic points. With their photosynthesis process, by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, flowers and plants always generate the exchange of small water particles.