An ancient fragrance that has a lot to tell
Patchouli is a perennial herbaceous plant from whose leaves - dried in the air and fermented after harvest - a warm and amber essential oil is extracted. The olfactory profile varies according to the type and place of cultivation. The Pogostemon Cablin - which is its botanical name - grows spontaneously between 900 and 1800 meters above sea level in the region of Southeast Asia and is currently cultivated in India, Indonesia, Malaysia. The term patchouli comes from the ancient word patchai ellai, which means "green leaf". The origin of the name, which derives from the language spoken by the populations of the Indian subcontinent, indicates the homeland of this herb. The transliteration in Patchouli derives from the English patch leaf and was created in the Victorian era when this plant arrived in England and became an essential home and wardrobe perfume inside gauze bags.
- Aphrodisiac: ignites erotic fantasies, it is in fact said that Nero's wife, Poppea, considered it essential to revive the couple's life.
- Its deep aroma connects to earth. It connects body and mind, helping us accept the needs and physiological transformations of our organism.
- Introspective: allows you to concentrate and focus on yourself, stimulating self-esteem.
- Stimulates creativity and helps you come up with ideas.
- In case of recurrent anxiety, it gives balance and strength, toning the nervous system
- Sharpens concentration.
- It has an antidepressant effect, useful in case of lethargy and coldness of feelings.
"In its leaves freedom, seduction and awesomeness flow"
Patchouli has always been linked to my name, I have always designed and created avant-garde perfumes so in the 70s, when the passion for this plant and its fragrance was spreading, I made my very own Patchouli. In a journey of rediscovery of the origins and revaluation of the past, Essence de patchouli was born. It is a strong and decisive fragrance, fabulously persistent in the Eau de parfum version. I wanted to recall the wonderful years of revolution and individual discovery with notes that recall the earth, so patchouli is combined with geranium finding an oriental and reassuring note in the background vanilla. This is my patchouli, an enveloping and reassuring perfume, full of history, designed for men and women who are (or want to be) daring and at the same time in harmony with themselves.